“I am a boutique grower in Southern Highlands and wonder if you can point me in the right direction of how to enter my oil for shows and medals? I am just starting to sell my oil.
Kind regards, Louise”
There are many options for entering shows in Australia and Internationally. Depending on what you want to enter, here are some options that may be of interest:
- Adelaide: Royal Adelaide Show
- Sydney Royal: Olive Oil
- Canberra: Royal Canberra Extra Virgin Olive Oil Show
- Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards: RASV Portal – Classes & Criteria
- 2013 National EVOO Competition
- Golden Olive Awards: vicolives
- Perth: Olive Oil / Competition Entries / Best in Show / Perth Royal Show
- delicious Fine Food Awards: delicious. Produce Awards 2013 – Articles – Delicious. Magazine
- Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards: Wrest Point Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards
- Women’s Weekly ‘Product of the Year’: How the awards work
Each of the competitions has their own criteria and may require you to have some test results to provide with your submission.
Also, in order to evaluate the best competition(s), you may consider if your consumers are responding to some award accolades better than others.
There are many other awards on regional levels too!