“I am a boutique grower in Southern Highlands and wonder if you can point me in the right direction of how to enter my oil for shows and medals? I am just starting to sell my oil.
Kind regards, Louise”
There are many options for entering shows in Australia and Internationally. Depending on what you want to enter, here are some options that may be of interest:
- Adelaide: Royal Adelaide Olive Awards
- Sydney: Royal Sydney EV Olive Oil Competition
- Melbourne: Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards: RASV Portal – Classes & Criteria
- Golden Olive Awards: vicolives
- Perth: West Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition (no longer affilated with Royal Ag Society)
- delicious Fine Food Awards: delicious. Produce Awards – Articles – Delicious. Magazine
- Hobart: Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards
- Women’s Weekly ‘Product of the Year’: How the awards work
- Hunter Olive Association – Olive Awards
- Mario Solinas Quality Award of the International Olive Council
- International Olive Oil Contest EVOIOOC
- Flos Olei: Competition and Guide
- New York International Olive Oil Competition
- The Los Angeles International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition
- OLIVE JAPAN | Olive Oil Competition
- Sol D’oro Southern Hemisphere Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition
- Armonia Southern Hemisphere Olive Oil Competition
- New Zealand Extra Virgin Olive Oil Awards
- Australian International EVOO Competition
Each of the competitions has its own criteria and may require you to have some test results to provide with your submission.
Also, in order to evaluate the best competition(s), you may consider if your consumers are responding to some award accolades better than others.